How to Succeed In Business Without Really Trying (2014)
For over 20 years, the Royal Manitoba Theatre Centre and the Manitoba Bar Association have worked together to raise funds by showcasing members of the MBA in a community play. Each year, members of the MBA volunteer their time, efforts and talent to put on a spectacular show. This year’s production, How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying was no exception.
How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying is the story of J. Pierrepont Finch, who with the help of the book How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, becomes the chairman of the board of the World Wide Wicket Company after starting out as a window washer. While Mr. Finch may have succeeded in business without trying, the success of this production is entirely due to the hard work and efforts of the cast and crew.
To date, the MBA has raised almost $900,000 for RMTC through the Lawyer Play. These funds represent not only the tireless hours of volunteer time by MBA members, but also the strong support the community provides for these productions.
On behalf of the MBA, I would like to thank the cast and crew, the Lawyer Play Committee, and all of the staff of the RMTC. I would also like to thank the play and reception sponsors. Finally, I would like to thank all of those who purchased tickets and attended the production, in support of both the MBA and the RMTC. Thank you.
President, Manitoba Bar Association
- Gail Asper, Miss Jones
- Andrea Bellhouse, Secretary
- Krista Boryskavich, Miss Krumholtz
- Paul Cooper, J.B. Biggley
- Tashia Dreger, Secretary/Wickette Girl
- Adrian Frost, Bratt
- Bill Haight, Ovington/Peterson-Davis
- John Harvie, Womper/Henchman
- Melissa Hazelton, Secretary
- Sean Hicks, Toynbee
- Jeff Hirsch, Twimble/Henchman
- Reannah Hocken, Rosemary
- Jamie Jurczak, Hedy LaRue
- Catherine (Kate) Kelly, First Scrubwoman
- Nalini Reddy, Smitty
- Leith Robertson, Gatch/Policeman
- Jaime Rosin, Secretary/Wickette Girl
- Steve Scarfone, Jenkins
- Barb Shields, Second Scrubwoman
- Richard Smith, Pete Tackaberry
- Lyle Smordin, Book Voice/TV Announcer
- Neil Steen, J. Pierrepont Finch
- Mark Toews, Bud Frump