The President's Award of Excellence recognizes, honours and celebrates a Manitoba CBA member for extraordinary contribution to the Association and its goals, in any manner in the preceding year. It is one of eight MBA Recognition Awards, honouring colleagues who demonstrate excellence and commitment to the law, the legal profession and the community at large.
The Award is open to any CBA member in good standing who resides in Manitoba. Members of the current Executive Committee of the MBA are not eligible.
Nominations must be received in writing by at least two people (writing separately or jointly) outlining the reasons why the candidate should be selected.
Nominations should be submitted by email to email@example.com.
Approximately October 31 – exact date to be determined each year.
Award winners are selected by the MBA Executive Committee.
- 2021 - Peter Kingsley, K.C.
- 2020 - Michael Badejo
- 2019 - Melanie Bueckert
- 2018 - Robert Fabbri and Leilani Kagan
- 2017 - Dean Jonathan Black-Branch
- 2016 - Judge Ken Champagne
- 2015 - Maria Mitousis
- 2014 - Allan Fineblit, K.C.
- 2007 - Crown/Defence Conference
- 2005 - Jon van der Krabben
- 2004 - Robert Dawson
- 2003 - Karen Clearwater
- 2002 - James McLandress
- 2000 - Rob Zaparniuk, Rob Rose, Laurie Etkin and Dan Sherbo
- 1999 - Ronald Coke
- 1998 - The Cast of Guys & Dolls
- 1997 - Honourable Associate Chief Justice J. J. Oliphant
- 1996 - Eric Lister, K.C. and Garth Smorang, K.C.
- 1995 - Lori Ferguson-Sain and Celia Kaufman, K.C.